Transform your infrastructure to support agile business needs
Legacy IT infrastructure has long been known for its cumbersome integrations, forklift upgrades, lethargic response times and ongoing high maintenance costs.
With the pace of digital expediting operations, businesses must shift to viable infrastructure options that offer scale-out flexibility and real-time insight agility, at a low operating cost — or risk losing out to the competition.
Each and every business has unique infrastructure requirements tailored to people, processes and technology. As such, when transforming IT infrastructure, businesses need a carefully considered plan that will meet business needs today, and tomorrow.
Optimise your infrastructure and reduce costs
Responsible for extracting maximum value from data, Infrastructure underpins business operations. When business Infrastructure is managed in silos, not only does this result in an inept ability to achieve holistic insight and visibility across departments, but it slows the transformation of business processes completely, while simultaneously mounting costs.
Infrastructure transformation supports driving down operating costs, while increasing business agility. Key considerations for transformation include:
- Re-evaluating high-cost applications: Identifying the cost per user for maintaining legacy applications on dedicated Infrastructure.
- Identifying security risks: Identifying the risks associated with owning Infrastructure, in place of subscription-based models.
- Analysing data centre footprints: Deploying scalable, high-performing Infrastructure that grows in tandem with your business.
However, without a solid Infrastructure, businesses may miss the boat to capitalise ahead of competitors.
IT transformation highlights the true cost of a business’ Infrastructure footprint, which can then be used to build initiatives that target cost reduction and risk management.
CDRU’s process to redefine IT infrastructure for true ROI
CDRU’s IT sourcing methodology encompasses a holistic view of an organisation’s Infrastructure requirements, ensuring each business unit is equipped with the digital foundation required to succeed.
Our approach helps identify key systems that can be made redundant or replaced with new viable cost-effective operating models.
CDRU’s infrastructure transformation process is structured for success:
- Strategy: Redesigning the service operating model where needed
- Architecture: Architectural redesign to support the new operating model.
- Sourcing: Running sourcing activities, to support new strategy and architecture.
- Commercial: Negotiating new contracts and renegotiating existing contracts.
- Transformation: Developing and executing the digital transformation.
Throughout each stage of the transformation process, CDRU’s team of experts provide detailed methodology and insights that equip the business to make the right decision for Infrastructure transformation.
The true impact of transformation: Optimisation
IT Infrastructure underpins business operations. As such, the need for a secure, cost-effective and scalable infrastructure is critical.
Infrastructure transformation ensures each aspect of the business is optimised for success: People, Processes and Technology.
Delivering Infrastructure ROI today, and tomorrow
An Australian-owned financial institution engaged CDRU to conduct a major digital transformation program. The aim of the transformation was to enable the business to provide digital banking offerings, in line with competitor offerings.
To alleviate the pressures on existing Infrastructure, optimising it for the new digital banking offerings to come.
By freeing the existing Infrastructure from “run” activities and diverting focus towards the digital transformation initiatives, CDRU was able to identify key pain-points of the existing system.
CDRU delivered the Infrastructure transformation through:
- Reducing the cost of maintaining the existing Infrastructure.
- Scaling the Infrastructure with cloud adoption.
- Increasing services levels in maintaining the existing Infrastructure.
- Reducing risk associated with managing legacy Infrastructure.
- Avoiding capital expenditure for refreshing Infrastructure.
- Reclaiming storage space and costs associated with on-premise data centres.
- Maintaining current serviceability to staff and branch offices by providing onsite service calls as required.
CDRU sourced a suitable Infrastructure system that addressed and alleviated all the challenges experienced by the financial institution, to deploy their new digital banking offering.
As part of the procurement process, CDRU ensured that the new Infrastructure was delivered at an optimal cost and more importantly had low ongoing maintenance costs. Successfully managing the daily run activities also ensure that deployment of the new Infrastructure took place quicker than anticipated, exceeding expectations on all fronts.
Explore how CDRU can support your immediate and long-term transformation goals
CDRU delivers operational cost and value optimisation outcomes at speed, and have influenced over $30 BN total spend since 2017, in 200+ engagements across 90+ enterprise and public sector clients.
Explore how CDRU can support your immediate and long-term transformation goals, Get in Touch today.