Enable better decision-making and innovation across your organisation with IoT and OT
The Internet of Things (IoT) increases annually, with 27 billion IoT devices online in 2021, increasing to 35 billion by 2025.
5 Predictions for IoT by 2025
IoT refers to a system of interrelated, internet-connected objects that collect and transfer data over a wireless network. As such, IoT can positively impact the complete business spectrum through connected devices — from health and safety to industrial performance and sustainability.
Its collaboration with Operational Technology (OT), a category of hardware and software that monitors and controls how physical devices perform, is therefore paramount to understanding how to increase productivity, reduce costs and enable innovation across your organisation.
No matter where you are on your digital transformation, the critical role of IoT and OT in business optimisation should never be underestimated. Together, they offer an opportunity to tap into real-time data insights to drive new opportunities and efficiencies.
IoT can support your organisation to perform at a higher level
IoT has the potential to enable innovation in any industry and can be a key enabler across several categories of your business.
- Value Model innovation. Outcome-based payment and insurance, buying and selling IoT data, converting a product into a service.
- Operating Model innovation. Industry 4.0: smart buildings, smart agriculture, predictive maintenance.
- Product/Service innovation. Smart parking, autonomous cars, smart packaging (product providence).
- Relationship innovation: Using sensing and analytics to understand product usage and upsell/cross-sell opportunities.
IoT technologies can be the gateway to digital transformation for your XaaS products and applications. From there the innovation possibilities are endless.
IoT offers faster innovation and competitive advantage
When developing your business case for IoT projects, think of the end-to-end solution:
- Sensors – to collect the data
- Communications – connecting the data to the enterprise
- Big Data – the storage capability to handle huge amounts of data
- Analytics – to generate actionable insights
- Visualisation – to display data and insights in an easy-to-understand format
CDRU’s holistic approach to smart devices and IoT transformation
CDRU takes a holistic approach to IoT and OT. Our proven methodology involves:
- Creating your IoT Strategy. We look at how the rapid advances in IoT and OT technology may impact your business and what transformational opportunities could be realised
- Building the Operating Model. We address how your operating model can evolve through IoT and OT opportunities
- Strategic Sourcing. We look to vendors and the capability and innovation that can be sourced to support your IoT transformation
- Execution. Our Agile implementation approach drives outcomes in uncertain operating environments.
Streamlining services, while reducing the 5-year TCO
For a critical infrastructure client, with a broad geographic footprint, CDRU was engaged to improve their OT/SCADA network servicing close to 200 sites across Australia.
Our methodology was successful in understanding the unique needs of this business, coming up with solutions to simplify and modernise the network/OT and source the best value from the market.
Our experienced implementation experts then built and led the transition project from initiation through to close.
We simplified their architecture, improved, and streamlined their services, reduced technical and operational risk while simultaneously reducing their 5 year TCO.
Although the digital transformation opportunities are vast, implementing IoT and OT within your organisation shouldn’t be prohibitively complex, when you engage expert partners to guide you through the process.
Many CDRU clients have gained transformational innovation from simple IoT advancements and made significant strides in modernising their organisational models.
Get in touch to discuss how partnering with CDRU can accelerate your own business transformation through the optimisation of IoT and OT.
Explore how CDRU can support your immediate and long-term transformation goals
CDRU delivers operational cost and value optimisation outcomes, at speed and have influenced over $30 BN total spend since 2017, in 200+ engagements across 90+ enterprise and public sector clients.
Explore how CDRU can support your immediate and long-term transformation goals, Get in Touch today.